The Rodney Dental Practice Code of Practice for Patient Complaints
In this practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our services. Complaints are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as soon as possible. We will respond to patients concerns in a caring & sensitive way and will learn from every mistake to improve our service.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaints is Susan Coates, Practice Manager.
2. Complaints may be made in writing, email, telephone or in person; we will respond accordingly and efficiently to suit your needs. if the manager is not avilable our team will organise a time to discuss the complaint with the manager. arrangements will be made for another person to deal with a complaint, if a key member of staff is away.
3. A member of the dental team will make a written record of the complaint as well as passing it over to the manager.
4. If a complaint is about any clinical aspect or associated charges then this will be passed on to the treating dentist.
5.We will acknowledge the complaint within 3 working days and investigate within 10 days of receipt of explanation of complaint. we aim to resolve the complaint in the shortest possible time where reasonably achievable.
6. Detailed records and contemporaneous notes will be made about the complaint.
7. We will confirm our decision about the complaint in writing.
8. If patients are not satisfied with the result of the procedure then the complaint may be referred to:
Gloucestershire GCS formally PCT or the Parliamentary & Health Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank London SW1P 4QP – phone 0345 015 4033
The Dental Complaints Service, The Lansdowne Building 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Greater London CR9 2ER – Iphone 0845612540
The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8D – 0845 222 4141.